From its airport, located a few kilometres away from the city centre, to its complete intermodal transportation network (road network, high speed rail, bus, tram, taxicab, or vélo bleu rented bike), Nice combines attractiveness and connectivity.
To fully complement its transportation network, Nice also offers taxi services, available day and night.
Central Taxi Riviera: 24/7
Tel.: +33 (0)4 93 13 78 78
Reservations, account openings, taxi vouchers. Any trip distance.
Useful information: Price guide: Airport - Nice city centre
Day trip (7am/7pm): from €22 to €30
Night trip (7pm/7am): from €27 to €32
These rates may vary according to traffic conditions. The price to be paid is that displayed on the meter. All taxis do no not take credit cards, it is worth taking cash.
• If requested, taxis will provide a receipt
• This receipt shows : the vehicle number plate, the date, departure and arrival points and the amount paid.
• Bus route 98: Airport/Gare Riquier via Promenade des Anglais (drop off service to a selection of hotels).
Operates from both terminals 1 & 2, every day, every 20 minutes between 5.52am and 11.37pm.
Inbound: departure from the Railway station « Gare Riquier », operates every day, every 20 minutes, between 5.20 am and 9pm.
• Bus route 99: Airport/Gare SNCF (Railway Station)/Airport (express service) Departure every 30 min from both terminals 1 & 2.
Inbound: departure from the Railway station (Gare SNCF), operates every 30 minutes, from 8am to 9pm.
Useful information: The "Aero pass"
In order to travel bus routes 98 and 99 with express service to and from the airport, you will need to purchase a «Aero Pass» available directly from the bus driver or in any « Lignes d'Azur » kiosk (6 €). This pass includes travel on the network for 74 mn.
The Nice Acropolis Convention and Exhibition Centre is located just 7km from the Nice Côte d'Azur airport.
• The "solo" ticket : practical, this ticket entitles you to one journey (with a connection within 74 minutes on buses and tramways. Costs 1.5€ and can be purchased on buses or from one of the 42 automatic ticket machines at tramway stations.
• The one-day pass : valid 24h from the first validation on a bus or tramway. This pass is not valid on the airport buses (98 and 99) as a specific "aéro" pass now exists for these two routes. Costs 5€ and can be purchased on buses, from one of automatic ticket machines at tramway stations or the Ligne d'Azur offices.
NB : tickets cannot be purchased on board the tramway. Please remember to stamp your ticket every time you get on a bus or tramway.
For comfort and efficiency, Nice has chosen the tram. This new-generation mode of transportation with dedicated right-of-way covers 8.7 km and 21 stops and connects the North and the East via the city centre through Avenue Jean Médecin and Place Masséna.
How to get to your meeting venue?
• To reach the Acropolis Convention Centre : get off at the Acropolis stop
• To reach the Acropolis Exhibition Centre : get off at the Palais des Expositions stop
Frequency : One tram every 5 minutes during peak, and every 8 minutes off peak.
The interurban bus network, particularly dense in Nice, operates along regular service routes in all city neighbourhoods.
Useful information: for further information on the network and timetables: Dial: 08 1006 1006 or www.lignesdazur.com
- 1, rue d'Italie - Monday/Friday 8am to 7pm - Saturday 8:30am to 3pm
- 4 boulevard Jean Jaurès - Monday/Friday 8am to 7pm
- 17 avenue Thiers - Monday/Friday 8am to 7pm - Saturday 8am to 3pm
Vélo bleu (rented bikes)
Get around the city in a different way with Vélo Bleu! Nice also offers an alternative means of transportation with easy-hire cycles. 175 docking stations distributed across the whole network (one docking station every 300 metres) give you access to 1 750 cycles, 24/7, 365 days a year.
Useful information: How to use your Vélo Bleu ?
Hiring a Vélo bleu is very straightforward at one of our numerous docking stations spread across the city, using a debit or credit card. The checkout is done at the end of the journey, at any of the docking stations in the city.
Auto Bleue (rented cars)
Drive without CO2 emissions and in silence, since April 2011, Nice is the first public authority in France to implement an electric car hire service with 210 electric vehicles distributed across 70 stations.
24/7, booked online, in kiosk or by phone, your Auto Bleue is available for all commutes from a few hours to a whole day.
Useful information: Auto Bleue rates include all the following: electricity, mileage, insurance, roadside assistance 24/7 from your vehicle or by phone.